Mangosteen is an alluring tropical fruit that gives a mesmerizing taste of lychee and peach. This fruit adds a beautiful taste when prepared as a smoothie or cocktail. This delicate fruit is a constant resource of freshness, energy, and taste.
Here are some beautiful recipes curated below which you can try to quench and beat your hungry gut :-
Mangosteen chia smoothie
- 1 tbsp chia seeds soaked in water for an hour
- 2 mangosteens
- Half diced mango
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds
- 1 cup milk
- Ice cubes
- Edible flower petals
- In a food blender, put soaked seeds, chia seeds, mangosteen, mango, mixed seeds, milk, and two to three ice cubes to get a smooth thick paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with mixed seeds and edible flowers.
- Serve this dish immediately.
Mangosteen gin cocktail
- 6-7 mangosteens
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 thin slices of ginger peeled properly
- 1 tbsp raw cane sugar
- Ice cubes
- 60 ml gin
- 1 can of ginger ale
- Peel and remove the seedy part of the mangosteen.
- In a food blender blend lime juice, ginger, cane sugar, and ice cubes; prepare a smooth texture syrup.
- Take two lowball glasses.
- Add 1 ice cube and 30 ml of gin to each glass.
- Divide the syrup into two glasses.
- Garnish the top with ginger ale and stir up well.